Just sharing what I came up with in my visual journal for the May 25/26 2017 New Moon #Prompt (at least by the night of May 26)
Ironically, I also ate Chinese take out that night, and the fortune that I received from my cookie was just way too fitting for me not to include it. Pasted to the side of my new moon, you’ll notice it reads: “Accident is the mother of invention.”
- The New Moon represents the beginning of our 29 day lunar month. During a New Moon, the moon sits roughly between the Earth & Sun. Basically, we are seeing “the dark side of the moon,” (the side we never see) because the Sun is illuminating that side.
- This New Moon falls under Gemini; bringing about inspiration, new ideas, insights, and visions. Our May 2017 New Moon is also a Super Moon (meaning that the Moon is at 90% closest approach to Earth in a given orbit) where ENERGY runs high, intuition is heightened, and you become more aware/sensitive to the energy of Nature, the environment, and everything around you.
The Significance and Meaning of this New Moon to us:
- The SUN represents our ‘outer-world’ and how we shine our individual light out into the world. The MOON represents our ‘inner-world,’ our feelings, unconscious beliefs, and our ‘shadow self.’
- Since the Sun is illuminating the hidden side of the Moon during this New Moon, we could say that our own ‘hidden side’ and inner feelings are also being illuminated. During a New Moon, we are given an opportunity to start again; letting go of energy from the previous cycle and setting our intentions and innermost desires into conscious action.
My Prompt/Challenge for you tonight is to affirm to the Universe your own intentions and goals for this new cycle.
You can approach this prompt anyways you like, but I will be drawing my personal intentions inside a giant circle (representing the New Moon). I encourage everyone to use that template in a way that works best for them. For example, you could write/draw your intentions, affirmations, and goals within a drawn circle however you see fit. What’s most important is that you gain a sense of personal development or discovery; a kind of self-meditative experience.
Resources & Links:
Using Photoshop or other imaging software?
Download this New moon Phase Symbol Vector Image
*Designed by Freepik from www.flaticon.com*
Source: “New Moon (Super Moon) – May 25/26, 2017″ by Simone Matthews http://www.universallifetools.com/2017/05/new-moon-super-moon-may-25-26-2017-gemini/
Source: May 2017 Moon Phases – http://www.moongiant.com/moonphases/May/2017/
Source: New Moon Magic
Source: Shared Canvas Collaborative
Soul Healing Love Magic will now be hosting a live collaborative canvas, which allows multiple people to draw/write/chat on a single canvas in real time. It’s free and anyone is welcome to join our public sessions, which will be kept open as much as possible and saved for the next time. There is no need to sign up for an account, it’s very simple to access.
Just follow these instructions:
In the list of Public Sessions, find ‘Soul Healing Love Magic’ and click on it, which should automatically open DrawPile. Type in any username you’d like and join the session. That’s all there is to it.
I will be announcing whenever sessions are going to be starting and whether a session is open through the Shared Canvas Collaborative page and social media.
“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.“
– E.M. Forster
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Streamed with Open Broadcaster @ https://Twitch.tv/SoulHealingLoveMagic
on January 8, 2017 by Shelby Quino as part of
#KillYourEraser Month on https://SoulHealingLoveMagic.wordpress.com
(Sorry for the poor audio quality. The music is actually from one of my karaoke videos.) To watch the original video of me singing ‘1979’ by the Smashing Pumpkins, go here: https://youtu.be/mLoaNN5TTf4
This was my original entry, posted a month ago:
Tomorrow my SHLM co-founder, Emily, and I are going to Megan’s for a weekend of Soul Healing Love Magic, painting, spirits and more. Megan is another person that has helped to found SHLM and I guess you would say that she has a place on the board. We’re essentially the “Soul Healing Love Triangle.” :p
I’m not sure about Emily, but I’ll be staying there until Sunday painting nautically themed pieces to go with Megan’s nautically themed house. Throughout the weekend I’ll be posting photos, videos and going live on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. I’ll also be writing a blog on Monday to share all of the Soul Healing Love Magic here, so look out for that!
46 minute Drawing Session Speed 8x
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Streamed with Open Broadcaster on https://Twitch.tv/SoulHealingLoveMagic
on December 30, 2016 by Shelby Quino
as part of #KillYourEraser
Automatic Drawing Tips:
- Make a conscious decision not to control the drawing.
- Allow your hand to move freely until you feel a sense of completion.
- It can take several automatic drawings in a row in order to become relaxed enough to truly allow the chaotic and messy improvisation to occur.
- Just let go and jump in.
- There is a lot to be said for “scribbling.”
- Let your hand and pen do what they will without fear of mistake.
- Remember, you’re not drawing with an intention or idea in mind.
- We aren’t expecting to draw anything in particular. We’re just drawing freely.
- Mistakes do not exist here.
- The process is the purpose. Don’t concern yourself with the end result.
- Allow yourself to give into the trance. Automatic drawing is meant to be meditative.